General Data Protection Regulation May 2019
This policy describes why easd-elearning.org collects data about you, what your data is used for, and under what legal basis we process your data.
It describes the information we might need to contact you with, and when your data might be shared with third parties – and who those third parties might be.
It also explains your rights with regard to our use of your data, and who to contact if you have questions or complaints.
User Terms and Conditions
Please read these conditions carefully before using the easd-elearning.org platform.
By using the easd-elearning.org platform, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions and for us to hold your data as stipulated under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) standards which can be found by visiting https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr.
You agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords or other account identifiers which you choose and all activities that occur under your account.
By registering on the easd-elearning.org platform, you agree that:
- easd-elearning.org has permission to hold your data as outlined in point 9 (see below).
- Your account and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access the easd-elearning.org platform.
- You will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration area of the easd-elearning.org platform.
- You will not create registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor will you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
- You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware any unauthorised use of your password or account identifiers by others.
If you use the easd-elearning.org platform, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
You are responsible for ensuring that the details you provide us with are correct and complete.
You are responsible for ensuring that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and have the right to delete or amend the data that we hold for you at any time by emailing:
You must not use any easd-elearning.org platform:
- in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, any easd-elearning.org service or any access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired
- in any way for fraudulent purposes
- or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity to cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety.
Termination of registration
If you no longer accept these terms and conditions, or any future modification to these terms and conditions, you must cease using the easd-elearning.org platform. Continued use of the easd-elearning.org platform indicates your continued acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of the easd-elearning.org platform.
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts or remove or edit content if you are in breach of applicable laws, these Conditions of Use or any other applicable terms and conditions, guidelines or policies.
We may terminate your registered account, at our sole discretion, by emailing you at the address you have registered stating that the agreement has terminated.
We make every effort to check and test the easd-elearning.org platform and website for viruses at every stage of production.
You must make sure that the way you use easd-elearning.org platform and website doesn’t expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which can damage your computer system.
We are not responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that might happen when you use easd-elearning.org platform and website.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
When using the easd-elearning.org platform and website you must not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not try to gain unauthorised access to the platform server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to it.
You must not attack e-Learning platform and website in any way. This includes denial-of-service attacks.
We will report any attacks or attempts to gain unauthorised access to the easd-elearning.org platform and website to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share information about you with them.
Use of material appearing on the easd-elearning.org platform
Your use of the easd-elearning.org platform is for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You acknowledge that, as between easd-elearning.org and you, except for user content and advertisements (as discussed below), easd-elearning.org is the sole owner of all content on the easd-elearning.org platform, including, without limitation, all applicable copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, logos, and other intellectual property rights thereto, as well as text, images, graphics, logos, audio, video and other material appearing on the easd-elearning.org platform.
The easd-elearning.org platform and content are protected by the copyright laws and other intellectual property laws of the United Kingdom, and are protected globally by applicable international copyright treaties.
You may download and print extracts from the easd-elearning.org platform for your own personal and non-commercial use only, provided you maintain and abide by any author attribution, copyright or trademark notice or restriction in any material that you download or print.
You may not use any content for any other purpose without our prior written approval. Except as expressly authorised by us, you are not allowed to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on the easd-elearning.org platform. If you wish to use our content other than as permitted by these terms and conditions, please contact us at:
Disclaimer of liability
To the extent permitted at law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the easd-elearning.org content. Nothing in the easd-elearning.org platform is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person.
For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the easd-elearning.org platform or any part of it.
You can access other sites via links from the easd-elearning.org platform. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents.
We give no warranties of any kind concerning the easd-elearning.org platform or the easd-elearning.org platform content. In particular, we do not warrant that the easd-elearning.org platform or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the easd-elearning.org platform will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the easd-elearning.org platform may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction. easd-elearning.org will not be responsible for losses that were not caused by any breach on our part any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) any indirect or consequential losses that were not foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the easd-elearning.org platform.
Users of this service are permitted to submit content for publication in various areas of the easd-elearning.org platform. You will be deemed to consent to these terms and conditions if you choose to post any content or comments to the easd-elearning.org platform.
When you submit content to us, you agree that you have created that content, or that you have received permission from, or are authorised by, the owner to act on their behalf in submitting it to the easd-elearning.org platform under the following terms:
- You acknowledge and agree that when you post content on the easd-elearning.org platform or view content provided by others, you are doing so at your own discretion and risk, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, of that content.
- You further acknowledge and agree that the views expressed by you and other users in that content do not necessarily reflect the views of the easd-elearning.org, and we do not support or endorse any user content. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, review, or edit any content posted by you and other users on the easd-elearning.org platform.
- You warrant that the content you submit to us is not obscene, threatening, harassing, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, offensive, defamatory of any person or illegal.
- You warrant that the content you submit to us does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual.
You agree not to:
- post content which is deliberately intended to upset or harm other users
- use the easd-elearning.org platform to post or otherwise transmit content that victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of any impermissible classification, including, without limitation, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, military status or disability
- post or otherwise transmit any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of the easd-elearning.org platform or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- upload or otherwise transmit any content, or take any other actions with respect to your use of the easd-elearning.org platform, that would constitute, or would otherwise encourage, criminal conduct or give rise to civil liability
- use the easd-elearning.org platform for commercial purposes, including, without limitation, submitting any material to solicit funds or to promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the easd-elearning.org platform data may involve
- transmissions over various networks
- changes to content to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. easd-elearning.org assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings of content or other information submitted by you or other users to the easd-elearning.org platform.
- Any queries regarding copyright and your content should be directed in the first instance to us ([email protected]).
- All content included in or made available through this easd-elearning.org service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads and data compilations is the property of easd-elearning.org or its content suppliers and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright, authors’ rights and database right laws.
- The compilation of all content included in or made available through any easd-elearning.org service is the exclusive property of easd-elearning.org (©) and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws.
You may not extract and/or re-utilise parts of the content of any easd-elearning.org service without our express written consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation any substantial parts of the content of any easd-elearning.org service, without our express written consent. You may also not create and/or publish your own database that features substantial parts of any easd-elearning.org service (e.g. our prices and product listings) without our express written consent.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Standards introduced in May 2018
These regulations have been designed to set new standards for protecting personal data and to give you more control over your personal data, including but not limited to the ability to remove or delete your personal data at any time. easd-elearning.org keeps your data on several systems and a breakdown of the data kept and systems used can be seen below:
When requested, you have access to the information as and when requested by email ([email protected]). We receive feedback from your training and this information is stored on the e-learning system and used to improve our services.
We on occasion collate and present anonymised information on our reports, website or at conferences or requested by sponsors and this consists of:
- Number of participants trained
- Type of courses undertaken
- Job role of participants trained
- Location of participants
- Feedback information – qualitative and quantitative
easd-elearning.org data controllers have all undertaken the appropriate data protection training and are on hand if you have any questions about any of the above and can be contacted by emailing [email protected]
To enable us to maintain and keep your data we require your approval. If you do not want us to continue to hold your data could you please let us know by email
NB: you have the right to request that your data be removed at any time and this can be done by emailing us at [email protected]
Changes to these terms and conditions of use
Please note that we may change these terms and conditions from time to time at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to do without your consent. Any revised terms and conditions will be applicable at the time of posting on the easd-elearning.org platform.
Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the easd-elearning.org platform after it has been posted.
Governing law & jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Our failure to insist upon or enforce any provision of these terms of service shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right of easd-elearning.org.
When you use any part of the easd-elearning.org platform or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the website or through the easd-elearning.org platform. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide you with electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing, unless mandatory applicable laws specifically require a different form of communication.
Graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any easd-elearning.org service are trademarks or trade dress of easd-elearning.org. easd-elearning.org’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not easd-elearning.org, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits easd-elearning.org.
All other trademarks not owned by easd-elearning.org that appear in any easd-elearning.org service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by easd-elearning.org.
Licence and access
Subject to your compliance with these Conditions of Use and applicable Service Terms, easd-elearning.org or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable licence to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the easd-elearning.org platform. This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of any easd-elearning.org service or its contents; any derivative use of any easd-elearning.org service or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
All rights not expressly granted to you in these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms are reserved and retained by easd-elearning.org or its licensors, suppliers, publishers, rights holders, or other content providers. No easd-elearning.org service, nor any part of any easd-elearning.org service, may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of easd-elearning.org without our express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilising easd-elearning.org’s names or trademarks without our express written consent.
You may not misuse the easd-elearning.org platform. You may use the easd-elearning.org platform only as permitted by law. The licenses granted by easd-elearning.org terminate if you do not comply with these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms.
Intellectual Property Claims
easd-elearning.org respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been used in a way that gives rise to concerns of infringement, please contact us.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
You can manage these small files yourself through your browser settings.
A number of cookies are used by this site:
- WordPress uses the cookie wordpress_[hash] to store the authentication details on login.
- The cookie wordpress_logged_in_[hash] is used to indicate when you are logged in, and who you are. This cookie is maintained on the front-end of the website as well when logged in.
- Google Analytics uses ‘__utma’ and is set by Google Analytics on your first visit to this website. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to this site and it is updated with each page view. This is used to help us measure numbers and volumes of visitors using anonymised data.
- Google Analytics uses ‘__utmb’ and is set by Google Analytics to establish and continue your visits to our site. Each time a user visits a different page on our site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as your activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a visitor pauses on a page on our site for longer than 30 minutes. This is used to help us measure numbers and volumes of visitors using anonymised data.
- Google Analytics uses ‘__utmz’ and is set by Google Analytics to store how a visitor reaches our website; whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. This cookie is updated with each page view on our website. This is used to help us measure the success of online marketing (e.g. organic or paid search engine listings) and offline marketing that is used to direct visitors to this website. This uses anonymised data.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or the practices of this website, please contact the EAAD e-Learning team by email at [email protected]